Effective laser hair reduction is done by Dermatologist
Laser hair reduction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedure done by the dermatologist. It allows highly concentrated light into hair follicles. Pigmented follicles absorb the light which destroys the hair. They are useful in removing hair from leg, hand, arm, underarm and other places.
How to get ready for Laser hair reduction?
- It is a medical procedure that requires proper medical training. You should check thoroughly check doctor’s credentials before going for laser removal.
- Before going for this process you should limit plucking, waxing or electrolysis for six weeks because laser targets hair root which is removed by waxing and plucking.
- Sun exposure should be avoided before and after treatment because it makes the method complicated.
How is it done?
Few millimetres of hair are removed above the skin surface where treatment will be done. The equipment would be adjusted according to the location of hair treating as your skin color, an area where it will be treated. Eye protection will be provided for you and your technician as a laser may affect eyes. Cold gel or special cooling device are used to protect the outer layer of skin. The technician will pass beam of light to the treated area and observe its effects to make sure that best setting is used.
When the process is completed ice or anti-inflammatory cream or ice cold water is completed to ease any discomfort you are feeling after treatment. You can book an appointment after four to five weeks later. You will be treated until your hairs stop growing.
Benefits of the process
- Many hairs are removed with each pulse of laser which takes a fraction of second. Small areas can be cleaned within a minute. The process consumes less time.
- Maximum people have permanent hair loss in six to seven sessions.
- The process is more cost-effective than waxing, threading or even shaving. It is good long-term investment.
- It not as painful as waxing. You may feel slight discomfort.
- You can dress up whatever you like. You can relax while wearing sleeveless tops.
- It gives you a smooth and silky skin tone.
- Results are permanent though no dermatologist will commit you.
The Cost of treatment varies on the following factors
- Size of the area it is treated
- The time required for the treatment
- Whether a doctor or someone else is performing
- The part of the country where are you performing
- A number of treatments required.
Recovery and risk
For few days your skin may appear as sunburnt. Applying moisturizer and cold compress will cool your skin. You can wear makeup for a few days if your skin is treated. After treatment, your hair will fall down with few days. You can use sunscreen to prevent those changes in color. Blisters can be observed in dark tone color people. Other side effects are redness, swelling, scars and many more. Some patients show side-effects like the allergy to laser creams or to numbing cream, then the treatment should be stopped them. Unwanted side effects like hypo or hyperpigmentation also may occur.