5 Effective Solutions to Vanish Dark Circles
Basis my observation, I have concluded an ironical situation wherein any motivational quote regarding accepting your physical appearance seems vague, especially if you are a woman and you have to attend a very special event. Resorting to make-up to suppress the tiniest imperfection becomes a mandate; at least it is in my case! Amongst all the problems to deal with, dark circles are the most common pain in this rapidly evolving world.
Factors Causing Dark Circles
Besides the common notion of tiredness and lack of sleep, dark circles are a result of multiple other factors such as:
- Excessive sun exposure, and scratching eyes
- Issues related to hyperpigmentation
- Thinning of the under-eye skin
- Natural aging
- Hereditary conditions
To keep dark circles at bay, the first step you need to take is, modify your lifestyle and that involves-
- Proper sleep cycle– Adhering to a digital detox at least two hours before sleeping is the first step to get a good night’s sleep. Secondly, it is very important to check the quality of the pillow you are sleeping on. A good pillow helps in regulating the blood flow around your eyes.
- Increase water intake– A hydrated body is a healthy body. If you want healthy and radiant skin, consume a lot of water daily. This would help avoid the formation of dark circles around your eyes.
Easy ways to say goodbye to dark circles at home
Now that we have determined the causes of dark circles, and talked about a little modification in our lifestyles, let us talk about some home remedies to combat dark circles aside from skin brightening creams.
- Almond oil- As we all know, almond oil is rich in vitamin E and K and therefore accentuates blood circulation around the eyes, brightens the eyes, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cold tea bags-Caffeine helps reduce inflammation in the veins and skin by shrinking the blood vessels around your eyes.
- Ice cubes- Wrapping a few ice cubes in a clean cloth and applying it to your eyes help reduce swelling of the eyes and can shrink the blood vessels, thereby reducing dark circles.
- Cucumber or potato slices-Placing chilled thick cucumber or potato slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes can do wonders.
- Concealers- Should you wish to make the stubborn dark circles vanish in a jiffy so you can look perfect for an event, concealers are your friend. A good concealer that blends perfectly with your skin tone will help cover up the dark circles to match your normal skin tone.
In case you are looking for a permanent solution to get rid of dark circles, it is recommended to consult dermatological help for effective results. Some of the widely preferred methods are:
- Chemical peels to treat pigmentation using hydroxyl acids such as glycolic acid, retinoic acid or hydroquinone. Amongst the newest methods, a combination of salicylic acid, lactic acid, and resorcinol, commonly known as Jessner peel is also preferred by dermatologists.
- Laser treatments used to vaporize the damaged cells around the eyes leading to the lightening of skin tones and accentuating new collagen formation.
- Surgically removing fat from the lower lid by a procedure called
- Injecting fillers of hyaluronic acid or platelet-rich plasma under the eyes help increase the volume of the under-eye skin.
- Using a dermatologist-recommended skin-lightening under-eye cream with components such as azelaic acid, kojic acid, glycolic acid, or hydroquinone also help get rid of dark circles.
Dark circles are temporary in some cases and permanent in some. In case you opt for an invasive medical procedure, consult your dermatologist thoroughly.